Thursday 10 October 2013

LOVE WITHOUT LIMITS



As you heard people say love your neighbors and hate your enemies. But I tell you, up to this age of 21 I have loved enemies and prayed for anyone who mistreats me.    In 2002, our neighbors who were not happy with us at all from the beginning destroyed 4 acres of maize for no good reason.
Astonishingly, they were proud of it to the extent of saying that is just the beginning. It was a hard time for our plans towards fighting justice to succeed since he was the head justice in our district. I knelt down and shouted through the streets, but God was not there. Matters were made worse when a month after that bad incident, my sister died un abruptly.
It was as if that was not enough, even my beloved parents in that very year passed away in a terrible accident when they were paying a visit to my school on the visitation day. I made a deafening cry ripped through the coffin during the burial, but God did not answer.
I found it hard to concentrate at school since I also developed heart attack problem and it even became hard to grow in my relationship with God. I then hard a still, small voice whispering to me that God loves me. From there and then, my soul was quiet, my future was bright and I just wish my parents were there to see what their son had become.
Hope for the future is sometimes hard to come by as there are some human beings doing whatever they can to make you a failure in life or even kill. But no matter what or where you are, God has promised this; “I will bless you with a future of success, not of suffering (Jeremiah 29:11), so dear friends, hold onto this hope that God offers”.

No comments:

Post a Comment